Your privacy is important to us. This policy explains what personal information Cruzen Campers collects from you, how we store it, how you can access and correct that information and when we might share information with other people.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for or have any concerns or feedback, please email us at email@example.com
You can also write to us at:
Cruzen Campers, P.O. Box 251009, Pakuranga, 2140, Auckland, New Zealand.
Cruzen Campers needs to collect, use and share personal information about our customers to offer our customers the best possible experience and to keep our customers and employees safe and secure. We only collect personal information where we consider it to be reasonably necessary.
“you” means you, our customer and/or any user of Cruzen Campers products, services and websites including additional drivers and passengers travelling with you and includes any employee, agent or contractor of Cruzen Campers.
“we”, “our”, “us” and “Cruzen Campers” means Cruzen Campers Ltd.
“personal information” refers to any information relating to you such as your name, date of birth, driver’s licence, contact details, credit card details, passport, country of residence, travel preferences and special needs that you supply to us or is supplied to us, including your social preferences and activities.
If you make bookings or request products for other people, such as your family, friends or employees, you must make sure you are authorised to give us their personal information. We will assume that you have their authorisation to do so.
WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA?
We collect personal information so that we can provide you with the products you have requested from us safely and effectively. This is our main purpose for collecting your personal information. If you choose not to provide us with any personal information we require from you, we may not be able to provide you with the products or services you have requested.
COLLECTION AND USE
Below we explain in more detail the ways we collect and why we collect your personal information:
- Bookings: When you book a product, request a quote, pick up a vehicle or check in we will ask you for the personal information we need to give you what you want. This includes your name, contact details (email, address and telephone number), date of birth, driver’s licence, passport, payment information and information about you and other drivers or other people you are travelling with. We need this information to provide you with products and services you have booked and to carry out our obligations relating to contracts between us or between you and any third party.
- Travel agents: We may also collect your personal information through trusted parties such as travel agents to provide you with the products and services you have booked and to carry out our obligations in relation to these bookings.
- Marketing activities: Cruzen Campers may also collect your personal information for marketing activities through marketing and analytical services. Cruzen Campers may use such personal information for marketing activities, as permitted by law.
- To contact you by email with information on our latest news, updates, special offers, discounts or promotions or competitions. You consent to this when you agree as part of the booking process. You can opt out at any time by clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of the email.
- Based on the information you share with us, you may see personalised mobile apps or on third-party websites, including social media sites.
- Competitions and promotions: If you enter any of our competitions and promotions we may need to collect your personal information. This information will only be used with your consent.
- Market research: We sometimes ask our customers to take part in market research. Any additional personal details you give us as part of this research will only be used with your consent.
- Other communications: We may have to contact you by email, phone or SMS. Depending on the contact information we have for you, this could be:
- So we can respond to and deal with your queries, complaints or requests.
- So we can deal with a damage claim which has occurred during your use of our products.
- If you have not finalised a booking online we may email or call you to remind you to do so. We see this as a useful service because it allows you to carry on with a booking without having to find the product again or fill in all the booking details from scratch.
- We may also send you other emails relating to your booking, such as where to pick up or check in and information on contacting us if you need help.
- Public safety and fraud prevention: We may use personal information to detect and prevent fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities including preventing unsafe drivers from hiring vehicles.
- Improving our services: We use personal information for analytical purposes, to improve our services, to enhance the user experience, and to improve the functionality and quality of our websites.
- Debt collection: Collecting any debts you may owe us (we may also pass your details on to a third-party debt collection agency).
- Fines/tolls: To transfer any fines, tolls or penalties we have received in relation to your vehicle hire into your name we will send your personal information to fine and toll processing companies and/or the relevant local authority or government agency.
- Damage claims: Processing any damage or excess reduction claims, insurance claims, fines, tolls or penalties in relation to your use of our products or services.
- Training: For our staff, monitoring and improving our products, services, websites, applications and devices, and maintaining our systems.
- Research: We may from time to time aggregate and anonymise customer information to use ourselves or to provide to third parties for research, data analysis, statistical or other purposes.
- Public information: We may also collect and use personal information that is publicly available, for example through social media, public directories or review websites. We use this information to improve our services.
Third Party Information
We share your personal information with third parties with your consent or as necessary to complete any transaction or to provide any product you have requested. These third parties (some of whom may be located outside of New Zealand) are:
|Alphabet Inc (Google)||Name, Contact Details, Identification Details, Reservation Details, Browser, Location, Device and Cookie Information||So we can identify you, provide the transactional information and marketing information to you|
|The Rocket Science Group LLC (MailChimp)||Name, Contact Details, Reservation Details||So we can email you confirmations and important information about your reservation or offers from Cruzen Campers and promotional emails as well as updates on all things happening in New Zealand.|
|Name, Contact Details, Identification Details, Reservation Details, Browser, Location, Device and Cookie Information||So we can identify you, provide the transactional information and marketing information to you|
More details about third parties we may need to share your personal information with:
- Other companies supplying you with products: To complete your booking or provide you with help we may need to send your personal information to third parties who provide ancillary products or services you have requested or need (for example roadside assistance, towing companies, local mechanics).
- Fines/tolls: We will send your personal information to Power Business Services Limited (in NZ), and/or the relevant local authority or governmental agency so we can transfer any fines, tolls or penalties we have received in relation to your vehicle hire into your name.
- Other people named in your booking: To assist them while using our products or amending a booking.
- Damage claims: To process any damage or excess reduction claims, insurance claims arising through your use of our products we may need to share your personal information with the Police or insurance companies.
- Driver safety: We may share your personal information with other rental vehicle providers in the same or similar industries and/or governmental agencies if we believe that it is in the interests of protecting public safety such as for dangerous driving or theft.
- Bill/invoice: If someone else pays your bill, such as your employer, that entity or person.
- Competent authorities: Where the law requires or authorises us to do so (whether in NZ or overseas), we may share your personal information with government or investigative authorities if required by law (or any regulation having the force of law). Such requirements include court orders, subpoenas and orders arising from legal processes and criminal investigations. We may also disclose your personal information if it is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts.
WHAT SECURITY PROCEDURES DO YOU HAVE IN PLACE?
We will retain personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil our obligations to you, to protect our legal interests, to comply with a law or as otherwise stated to you when we collect personal information.
Once we are no longer required to retain personal information, we will take reasonable steps to destroy personal information or to ensure that personal information is de-identified.
HOW TO ACCESS & CONTROL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To keep your information safe, we may ask for further information to confirm your identity. If you spot any mistakes in your personal information, please tell us (email the same address) so that we can correct the information.
You can “opt out” from:
- marketing and sales emails by clicking “unsubscribe” in any of these emails;
In some circumstances, you have the right to ask Cruzen Campers to stop using and/or delete your personal information. If you want to do this please contact us at email@example.com.
Our privacy officer can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or Cruzen Campers, P.O.Box, Pakuranga,2140, Auckland, New Zealand or +64274827129.
CHANGE IN POLICY
We may need to amend the terms of this Policy if our practices change. If we do so, we will post the updated version on our website (at www.cruzencampers.com)
Last updated 1st February 2019.